There are many reasons why it pays to avoid MLS when selling your house in La Salle. Find out if you should list or sell directly in our latest post!
When it comes down to it, sellers have choices when selling their houses in La Salle. For some owners, a traditional property listing will work. However, for others, the process is expensive and cumbersome. It’s important to take an honest look at your property as well as what is going on in your local real estate market. For many local homeowners, avoiding MLS can pay off! Below are just a few of the reasons why you may be better off working with a direct buyer!
Listing your house on the MLS in La Salle can cost you a fortune. When you add up all of the costs, you may find that it doesn’t make sense to list your house with a La Salle real estate agent. Here are just a few of the costs you’ll face when selling your house in La Salle in the traditional way:
- Repairs – When selling your house in La Salle, you’ll likely be faced with repair costs both before and after the inspection process. If you choose to repair your property, make sure the returns repair costs worth it!
- Cleaning – Whether you clean the house or hire a professional, getting it ready for the market will take time and money. Many people will have the carpets cleaned, and the outside power-washed in addition to the standard cleaning that must be done.
- Advertising – In some cases, home sellers will need to pay for the marketing of their property when working with a La Salle real estate agent. Photography, staging, premium listings and marketing materials can all add up quickly.
- Holding – Do you know what it is costing you to own your home? Many people are surprised to see the totals when looking at how much they are spending on the house each month. A mortgage, utility costs, maintenance, repairs, taxes, insurance, and everything else an owner has to pay for can put a dent in any potential profits you hope to see from the home.
- Commissions – When working with a real estate agent in La Salle, you can expect to spend about 6% of your final sale price in agent commissions. While this is worth it for some properties, for many others saving this money is the better option.
- Closing Costs – As a seller, you can expect to pay 1-3% in closing costs for the sale of your La Salle property.
With a direct sale to Heartland Funding Inc., you’ll be able to sell your house fast, without any of the typical costs or fees. You won’t have to pay commissions, closing costs, or make repairs. You’ll be able to end your holding costs in a matter of days!
Keep Strangers Out
When your house is listed on the MLS, people are going to want to come and see it. We have worked with many home sellers who had tried to list their homes in La Salle without any luck. One thing most sellers didn’t like about the process, was the fact that they had to let strangers walk through their homes continually. They had to keep their properties clean and be ready to leave the house at any given moment if someone wanted to come and see it. This can be a huge burden, especially if you have a large family.
With a direct and straightforward offer from Heartland Funding Inc., you’ll be able to know exactly what to expect and when we can close. You won’t have to worry about the back and forth, having to make repairs, or offer any sort of credit to get someone to buy. In many situations, a potential buyer will want to negotiate the sale price after the inspection and appraisal have been completed. You’ll be able to avoid this with a direct sale.
Selling a house fast in La Salle can make a huge difference in your overall profits. Your costs to hold on to the home will add up much quicker than you may think. Before you list your house, be sure to factor in what it is costing you to own. Everything from the monthly utilities to the property taxes to the routine maintenance costs will all add up. Plus, there are inevitably repairs and other things that come up that aren’t always considered. Add these costs to a mortgage, (if you have one,) and you could be looking at thousands of dollars per month. Now if your property sits on the market for a long time, you can see how these numbers will jump over time.
Avoiding the MLS in La Salle can be beneficial for many reasons. Get in touch with our team to find out if a direct sale of your La Salle house is right for you!